At Mood Ring, we like to keep things simple, natural, and as kind to the planet as possible. We aim for minimal packaging. And with your help, we give back.
Did you know that every time you make a Mood Ring purchase, you help plant a tree right in your home province?
It’s all thanks to our charitable partnership with One Tree Planted. From British Columbia’s rugged Pacific coastline to Québec’s boreal forest, they’re working hard to rebuild forests after devastating wildfires, protect them from urban sprawl and the timber industry, and recover lost wildlife habitat.
They’re making a difference not just here in Canada, but across the globe. Since 2014, they’ve planted over 30 million trees in more than 43 countries throughout North America, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Pacific. And with your continued support, they plan on planting millions more.
We know you know how important trees are to Canada and the health of the planet. In fact, we’re just guessin’, but our mission to bring you the most environmentally friendly cannabis products imaginable is probably one of the biggest reasons why you choose Mood Ring in the first place.
Here are some quick facts on trees you may or may not know—and why they need our help now more than ever.
- Trees clean the air we breathe by absorbing harmful pollutants and releasing fresh oxygen.
- Trees purify the water we drink, using their roots to filter out toxins. By capturing rainwater, they reduce the risk of floods and landslides.
- A single tree can be home to hundreds of species of plants, animals and insects. Without trees, forest creatures would have no home.
- Trees help reduce our stress and anxiety and allow us to reconnect with nature. Studies show that hospital patients with rooms overlooking trees recover faster than those without the same view.
- Trees help cool the planet by absorbing and storing harmful greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide.
- 46% of the world’s forests have already been destroyed.
- Every 1.2 seconds, humans destroy an area of forest the size of a football field.
- 80% of the world’s terrestrial plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation, putting them at risk of extinction.
- 25% of all medicines in use worldwide are derived from trees and plants.
Looking for enlightenment?
Mood Ring seeks to awaken the world to the wonders of cannabis by creating ridiculously good products that are accessible, don’t cost a whole lot, and deliver experiences that make sense for you. All while giving back to the planet.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us!